Armacore fins are designed for high performance; offering a fine-tuned flex made at a very lightweight. The flex allows power to be stored and released to drive through turns in the waves, while the stiffness on flat-water delivers solid tracking and control. Armacore fins are available with Blue Carbon, Pine Tek, Starlite Pro and Starlite Hypernut as center and side fins. All other Starlite boards feature this tech only in the critical center fin.
The most ground breaking part of the new Armacore collection is that they offer a sustainable solution for closed-loop recycling and contribute to the creation of a circular economy. The core of the fin uses Armacel which is made of 100% Recycled Plastic bottles (RPET). The fins are built with a revolutionary bio recyclable epoxy resin that can be recycled to recover and reuse all of the materials without resorting to the use of new virgin materials. In essence, the fin can be dipped in a solution for 2 – 3 hours, during which the resin, the core and the fibre reinforcements separate. These can then be partly reused to generate new fins or create further bioproducts such as plastic injected parts like foot strap inserts. The system has been listed for an Award and has the potential to change eventually the entire industry’s outlook on how way molds, tooling, boards and fins can be recycled.
Advantages of Armacore:
• Made with recycled plastic bottles that would otherwise enter landfill or worse, the oceans.
• Requires less energy than traditional recycling, saving CO2 emissions overall.
• Reduces the dependence on using virgin materials as the materials can be reused or regenerated into new bioproducts.
• Epoxy thermosets are high-performance polymers with superior mechanical strength
• In the near future, we hope to switch to use the new recyclable resin that allows the recovery and recycling of thermoset composite, unlike conventional thermoset plastics which are non-recyclable.
This Starboard Race Ultra fin is the best option to compete in flat water condition when the most important thing is to keep on a high speed so it's better to paddle for the same side to reduce the time that you are changing the paddle from a side to the other. It is the best fin to maintain a straight direction, so we highly recommend to use with the Starboard Sprint serie for flat water races.
Arma Core fins improve the flex and reduce the weight of the premium fin collection of the Tiki's brand. This amazing collection made with low density end grain balsa and bio-resin allows you to give the best of yourself.