Starboard Freewing Air V3
Starboard Freewing Air V3 - Working with the design team from both Airush and Starboard, FreeWings fuse the innovation and ideology of the different sports into groundbreaking designs with refined performance.
The Freewing Air V3 introduces a new level of refinement to the FreeWing range. Higher performance through more stability, more speed, more pumpability and more acceleration.
The Freewing Air V3 is very easy to use and super light and stable when luffed in the neutral position, making it ideal for downwinders and carving.
Airsuh have focused on reduced arm pressure and comfort when riding for long periods of time. the innovative long handles that allow you to have a supreme control of the wing and make micro trims at speed. There has also been a focus on key performance in larger sizes for lighter wind conditions.
The big diameter centre strut connection creates a rock-solid connection between the centre strut and the leading edge, keeping the wing from bending sideways. Making it easier to pump, accelerate, and control your high end power and speed.
Optimal for all levels from starters, to down the lines cruisers. The high visibility window allows safety in crowds and when riding different terrain.
THIN LEADING EDGE:
The wing is faster, more stable and maneu-verable due to the reduced diameter Leading Edge.
A new innovative seam construction can tolerate higher PSI in the leading edge and strut. Attaining a high pressure airframe improves the stiffness, responsivesnss and
The main windows are further forward so, you can see where you fly and low down to catch the action. The smaller size of the new windows helps keep the FreeWing at a lighter weight. Made from PU material for winter use and durability.
the wingtips that already were industry leading have been refined for every size. Now they are even easier to get out of the water when starting and during fun manoeuvres, since they don‘t catch on the water surface. Sizes 6 and smaller also work well on non foiling boards.
FIRM GRIP HANDLES:
The Firm-Flex Grip Handle offers a perfect blend of the stability and connectivity of a hard handle, with the safety and compact design of a soft handle. The secret is the unique internal injection molded nylon core; this part features anti-twist inserts points which lock the handle into place, keeping the wing firm in your hands and creating a direct connection. This part remains flexible during impact, preventing damage to your board or to the rider in the case of impact. This also allows the wing to be easily packed preventing any potential damage to the wing during storage and travel.The molded nylon core features rounded edges as a first step. The handle is then padded inside and outside with ergnomically molded EVA, which is then wrapped in our unquie pre-treated webbing for comfortable grip and features a new anti-roll stitching for increased handle stability.
COMFORT STRUT SHAPE:
The back handle does not need to be as pulled in and allows for a more extended arm position, increasing overall comfort and balance.
FIRM CANOPY TENSION:
Provides consistent power delivery and excellent flagged-out stability. Also, more stability and lift from the canopy in maneuvers, making tacking and gybing a dream.
Medium-aspect wing ratio together with short strut for compact power balance makes the wing more maneuverable, performing better.
SHORT CENTRE STRUT:
More Squared Leading Edge the shorter centre strut and more squared leading edge create a direct and balanced forward pull, as the centre of power is moved forward. the shorter centre strut makes manoeuvres easier as the tip is further away from the water.
Cutting-edge seam technology & a unique Dacron material strut tolerates higher PSI, increasing overall stiffness of the airframe.
Bag with additional compartment for pump. The bag fits both the wing and the pump with ease. It also comes with backpack carrying straps for your convenience. (Pump not included in FreeWing package)
SIZE SPECIFIC LEASHES:
Each leash is matching the struts length when stretched so you will not get tangled if you fall down, yet always shrink back to have a leash that is as short as possible.
Available in 2.5m, 3m, 3.5m, 4m, 4.5m, 5m, 5.5m, 6m and 7m sizes.
- Great Stability for all kind of users.
- More forward pull and increased speed
- Extra stiff structure for control and stability
- Super all-around performance
- Innovative control handles for a very easy manoeuvrability.
- Optimal arm pressure for long rides without pain in the arms.
- The Control handles provide three main features that allow a unique manage of the Wing.
- The length of this product allows maximum wing control without having to release your hands to vary the position.
- Hardness and robustness provides a fully ergonomic grip that facilitates handling.
- Thick, Wide handles for micro trimming at speed.
- Angled handles for convenience getting started and to perform jibes and manoeuvres.
- Kevlar Reinforcement in the most critical area to protect the FreeWing from wearing while minimizing weight.
- Leash Cuff System that allows you to strap in with only one hand.
- Hose clamps used to isolate the air pressure in the central strut and leading edge. In the event of leaking bladder, the clamp ensures that some air remains in the wing.
- Harness line attachment point to reduce fatigue in the arms, allowing you to ride for longer periods.